Technician at Boxbot
Seeking a position where my skills can be utilized and built upon, particularly in troubleshooting and prototyping. I have worn many hats, including training, rapid prototyping, customer service, sales, purchasing, technical support, and machine maintenance/repair. I have worked on projects for companies such as Tesla, Blommer chocolate, Zume pizza, Cafe X, SpaceX and Apple. When not at work I enjoy building everything from arcade games to rally cars.
- Work closely with software and mechanical design team design and build Robotic Cafe’s.
- Research, select and test sensors for various subsystems.
- Provide onsite maintenance and repair of installed systems.
- Integration of Mitsubishi industrial robot and control system.
- Provide onsite support for service calls, upgrades and installs.
- Assist mechanical engineering team with prototyping new designs.
- Integrated vision systems from Keyence and Cognex.
- Worked closely with control engineer’s to debug and troubleshoot systems before deployment.
- Installed and maintained industrial control systems and robots from Fanuc, Mitsubishi. Allen Bradley and more.
- Discuss idea’s with member’s and assist them with software, design and machine use.
- Preform preventative maintenance, testing and repairs on equipment.
- Worked with many types of CNC and manual equipment ( 3D printers, laser cutters, water jets)
Chuck E. Cheese
- Worked to keep the kitchen, games and show running within budget.
- Preformed preventative maintenance on everything from arcade games to kitchen equipment.
- Preformed trouble shooting and testing on a daily basis.
- Kept a detailed log of repairs made and wrote reports to a database shared by the company.
Physical layer IT and Server support
- Kept all server’s and streaming services on site running to a near 100% uptime.
- Took sales orders and customer service request’s over phone, email and website.
- Stocked and pulled orders from the warehouse to fulfill shipping requests.
Cable Technician / Receiving
- Manufactured and tested cable harnesses and solar prototypes.
- Assisted in streamlining production floor by removing old documents and stock off the floor.
- Moved to warehouse to further streamline production.
- Follow schematics and diagrams to build emissions monitoring equipment for install.
- Work with engineering team to solve problems with design and fabrication.
- Assisted in testing finished systems before being sent to customers site.
Central Westmoreland CTC
This is the study of Electronics and robotics rolled together with mechanical engineering design challenges. A good portion of this class was dedicated to the F.I.R.S.T. robotics competition, where I was the team leader.
Cafe XThis is a Robotic Cafe’ , that I have been working with for over a year, for a company called Cafe X. I have helped them update and upgrade version 1 prototype from Hong Kong. I have also been w - Read More
Navy Trailer ProjectThis was a special project that I was put on, while with TechShop. The Navy ordered 3 mobile fab-lab trailers. These trailers are 32 feet long and contain a fully functioning mobile maker space. My - Read More
A simple Tablet holderSoon after getting my Dodge Caliber I ran into a few problems I Wished to solve No dedicated USB power No good placed to put a phone/gps, without taking your eyes off the road - Read More
Interactive Triangle Triforce lightboxThis was a small project to design a small interactive light box, that could demonstrate how simple electronics work. I wanted to show that while micro controllers are great you do not need them in - Read More
Custom solder fume extractorThis project is a solder fume extractor, made from spare parts laying around. It uses a weller filter, with a 120mm computer fan with a standard dust filter holder. This was designed in 2D CAD and - Read More
Random Creations in spare timeThis section is for one-off parts, as well as new experiments. When I find out about a new process, or think of something I want to try, I make it then see if i can use that process to do somethin - Read More
1982 VW Vanagon Project - March 3
On January 14th 2017 I bought a 1982 VW Vanagon off a friend I met at Techshop. It “runs” by that I mean after a long cranking time the twin lawnmower engine fires to life in a cloud of fu - Read Post
Restoration of a 1982 Taito Classic Arcade Game - October 8
In summer 2016 I purchased a 1982 arcade game. The machine was labeled as an “american horseshoes” however it was originally a 1982 Taito game called “frontline”. I tore the g - Read Post
Let's keep in touch
Your message was sent successfully!
Something went wrong, try refreshing and submitting the form again.